Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

I don't ever want to do anything mediocre. I hear the music in the charts and I don't mean to be rude, but those people have no soul. Learning from music is like eating a meal.. you have to pace yourself. You can't take everything from it all at once. I want to be different, definitely. I'm not a one trick pony. I'm at least a five-trick pony.
Sad this morning to read about the death of Amy Winehouse, just 27-years-old. Everything about her seemed so tortured sometimes. Everything we saw in the press, anyway. But her music was not tortured. It was lovely. And I’m so sad for all the might-have-beens.
I'm not religious at all. I think faith is something that gives you strength. I believe in fate and I believe that things happen for a reason but I don't think that there's a high power, necessarily. I believe in karma very much though. There are so many rude people around and they're the people that don't have any real friends. And relationships with people - with your mom, your nan, your dog.. are what you get the most happiness in life from. Apart from shoes and bags.
As I write this, the press is saying Winehouse’s death is “unexplained.” We’ll know more soon, I guess. For now, though, we have her music. And her words.
I don't think your ability to fight has anything to do with how big you are. It's to do with how much anger is in you.

No comments: