Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Pillowman Comes to Vancouver

This has nothing to do with music. Don’t bother me with details!

Finally! We’re there. I’ve said “break a leg” so often today, it’s sticking to the roof of my mouth. (But it’s a nice sticking. An okay sticking.)

I won’t see tonight’s performance, but I’ll be there tomorrow for the official opening night. And deeper in the run, as well. If you’re in the Vancouver area, make a point of taking in the show. It’s really not much more expensive than a movie, but so much more reality than reality television ever offered. (With the added attraction of being completely made up!)

I was delighted to see that The Vancouver Sun made it one of their Critic’s Picks and The Georgia Straight did something likewise, but I can’t yet find the link online. And Wikipedia included it in the international Pillowman performances listed, confirming our guess that this was, in fact, the first Vancouver performance of this important play. The Next Stage Video Listings does a fun interview with Michael Karl Richards and Matthew Harrison here.

All the salient info bits are in this teeny version of the poster, included at left, though you can order tickets directly from the Firehall Theatre here.

Maybe we’ll see you there!

No comments: